Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ha ha ha... self-important-dribble into self-deprecating-slush

I'm sitting here thinking about what makes the wheels turn inside of us. Not everyone has the same taste, you know?

Nature is a big deal for me, personally. I "ooh" and "ah" over leaves. No, I take that back, not over leaves... but their textures and varigations. And how the light reflects off of them, and even the way they decompose.

Not to mention sky and water and all those other things.

There is so much that gets to the center of me, that makes me catch my breath, but what I think I really want for once (and maybe this is what I thought I was getting with "he who shall not be named") is:

to actually BE inspiring


I first typed: to be someone's muse, for maybe one decent project

and then deleted that, because it sounded really pretentious, but I figured, what the heck, the rest of this does, too.


Ok, but here's the issue; while I know that all living things fall under that catagory of "natural things" (which is, incidentally, why YOU are so interesting to ME), I don't know anyone who is taking applications for muses at the present moment.

And, I feel like I'm sorta ordinary (in a weird, wierd, wierd way). I don't know if that makes sense? But that's exactly what I feel my resume for such a position would say!


Works well under moonlight.

Does not find self overly exotic, yet looks the part.

Has a penchant for sitting still for long periods of time.

No comments: