Friday, February 13, 2009

spending ample time in bed, in the neutral milk hotel

It is a truly gorgeous day. In a little while I'm sure I'll get up again and go out and enjoy the world, but for now, I'm back under the thread-count enjoying a little laptop time. It was a late night last night.

And I'm just not used to it anymore. I don't go out much these days. But after a competitive hour or two of playing Energy Quest with Helen, Bill and I were antsy.














In case you've never heard of it, Energy Quest is just like Monopoly, and just as long and drawn out... NOTE the pic of the tattered game is not mine. My game was actually still in the original shrink wrap until last night when we christened it, circa 1981.

So, anyways, we scooted over to the neighborhood pub where we happily discovered we both have a liking for whiskey (and the ever delectable Irish Car Bomb).


Anyways, I HAD had several things planned for the weekend including going out for Kimmee's birthday tonight, a date to the state fair for tomorrow, and helping my mom by keeping an eye on the mentally handicapped woman my mom is a caretaker for (she is high-functioning, works at Publix, etc, I just need to pop in and check on her several times).

Kimmee's not up to it tonight after all, I hear, and Daniel is having some family problems :-( , so we've canceled going to the fair, too. It's cool, though. I'm feeling a little worn and distracted anyways.

Besides, I'm in the mood for a longish bike ride this afternoon. Maybe I'll sail away into the sunset? :)

No comments: