Wednesday, February 25, 2009

expat dreaming, on such a winter daaaaaay

Last night we were all sitting around chatting about travel plans we want to make.

See, my best friend who lives in NM is pregnant, my cousin is getting married in Denver this summer, I have other cousins in NYC, and Harry will be in CA this spring...

All of that kind of got me started thinking about GOING. Somewhere.


Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park, Riverdale, Marin County.


Holland, Belgium, France, Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Wales.

Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, Chile.

Korea, Japan, Thailand, Cambodia.


Passports are very tricky things to own; they do all sorts of things to you. Especially when you're holding hands with someone who feels the exact same way about the world being a ripe peach, quivering with the anticipation of being bitten.

2 comments:

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Take me with you, okay?

Hey, I've tried to respond to your comments a couple times, but I always get that "bad email address" notification. But I guess I can just respond here. :)

SPMommies was great. I wish I had made more of an effort to participate -- esp on the activities w/o kids. Too late now, but at least I've got you and Marie and internet friends!

Gladis said...

That's odd that you get "bad email address" from there...

And yes, you can respond here, or on your blog!


BTW it's been wonderful keeping up with your family's adventures, and I really identify. I also think it's just amazing how two people with so many different factors thrown into the mix can have such similar feelings and experiences.