Friday, June 27, 2008

I made jaws drop today

This week, I asked for the Friday lunch shift instead of my usual closing one, because

1) The opening driver doesn't have to sweep, mop, clean the restrooms, vacuum the dining room, wash the hobart, do ALL the dishes, take out the trash and also make dough and sauce, plus, of course, the actual job of delivering the food.

The opening driver pretty much makes dough (I could do that in my sleep by now!), cuts veggies, & weighs out portions of pasta and meat. True, I only had two deliveries, but the work load is so light, I could hardly believe it!




2) I want to start transitioning to being slightly less nocturnal. Tom was an awful influence on my already weak bedtime habits... He was working third shift and I was staying up until 4:30 or 5 am to talk to him on his lunchbreak. Insanity.

Now, I just stay up till then because I am used to it, and it's been a couple of months now, since the break up.


So, last night, I tried to go to bed early (2 something) and I made myself get up at 7:30 am.

Shower, go pick up kids from their dad (20 mile drive), take them to get coffee and plain donut for each of us, and then to my moms (20 miles, other direction). Then off to work I went (30 miles, back whence I came).

I got there 15 minutes EARLY.

No comments: