Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So...who else is doing the Infinite Summer? you there, in the back?

I want so much to discuss the first couple of parts of Infinite Jest w/ someone! Instead, I'll have to satisfy myself with telling you my own personal news:

So, I have a date on Sunday with this guy who's smart, funny, etc and it turns out he also Colombian. Wow, cool, I thought.

Turns out he was in my middle school gifted class w/ Mrs. Silos. Ha! Last night we reminisced: Remember when we had to memorized that poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley?? Remember when we mummified that chicken??? Haha!

Ans speaking of chickens... I secured 2 free range laying hens and a chicken coop for my kids today. For free. Just like that! Someone needed to get rid of them by Thursday.

Sweeeet. I love free stuff, even better when it's delicious free stuff.

3 comments:

April said...

How cool! Free free roam chickens! That is going to be so awesome to have your own chickens/eggs. Cool suprise that you were in the same gifted class with this guy.

Gladis said...

yeah! I know! gifted! eggs!

At Harry's house, though, not here, but he'll hook me up since I'm hooking him up :D

April said...

Hey, who knew I'd play tag in the blog world??
Tag, you're it! See this link for more info: http://a-muse-in-me.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-first-first-bloggy-award.html