Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So, I started reading blogs again...

And I can't not immerse myself in that without joining in.

A long time has passed since my last post; seasons have changed, the trip was completed, and we moved into a new house.

It hasn't really been easy and that probably accounts for a lot of the silence on my part. But my therapist (see what I mean by not easy?) suggested journaling.

OK, so today... was Tuesday. On Tuesdays I get up at 7, wake up the kids, and get them to school. We were in the parking lot by school time (8:35), but I'm sure they ended up a couple of minutes late to class.

I went home and intended to load up the car and go do laundry, but instead I went back to sleep until 10:30. Then I BOOKED A WEEKEND AT AN AMAZING HOTEL (never do that) for A REALLY BIG CONFERENCE THAT I'M SPEAKING AT (a first) in NEW ORLEANS. I'm doing this whole crazy thing because the Undergrad Research dept and Student Govt are agreeing to pay for it.

In the rain, I ran around today tying up loose ends, signing what needed to be signed, meeting with my mentor on the honors thesis project, and going to class. I had a silly panic attack because I couldn't get a hold of Robby on his phone (and I assumed something bad had happened?), and then I drove home. It was as perfect of a drive home as one can have. It was from 5:30-6:30 with no stand-still traffic on the interstate and Robby called me as I was halfway home when he woke up from his nap.

Now: Hungry, but I haven't eaten well today and it's given me a stomach ache.

No comments: